Good morning fans and friends with Radio Indie FreeForm, I am back …. sounds familiar? It became my slogan lately, we will start a blog every week with Piyali Ganguly and myself to shed a little light into the confusing world of music, it’s bureaucracy and it’s spiritual value …I am making it as easy as possible to give some information to help all of us…. like the old saying, we are all sitting in the same boat. I have been talking, texting and emailing with so many friends in the last couple of weeks, and one of the main issues which came up is the tiredness of using facebook. Using facebook as a band, a musician, a singer/songwriter, yes and as a radio station …I am constantly making research … and here are a couple of tips ..
HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY USE YOUR FAN PAGE ON FACEBOOK !
It’s not easy, so hold on …many people would not admit that they really don’t know much about it. So let me share some of the information I gathered, I make it as simple as possible ..
1. Like your own page ….you say WHAT ? well, if you want to see it in your news-feed with your friends, you have to like your own page …
2. Ask your twitter fans at least once a week to follow your fb fan page.
3. VERY IMPORTANT !!!!!!
#hashtag , hashtag …. hashtag …..all your posts with your fb name and your social media accounts …examples:
#DawnMartinez #PiyaliGanguly #eclipsethesongmaker #radioindiefreeform,, if you click on the hashtag, you have immediate access, not only that …. everything comes up by clicking on hashtag, posts, photos ect ect …
4. Put your facebook URL on your business card and flyers.
5. Put a link on your personal fb page, right underneath, your profile picture
6. Put a tag on your youtube videos.
7. Update your cover photo, at least once a month or more often.
8.Ask your friends to like your fan page (but not too often)
9. Your fanpage is your business, no personal tragic information, share only positive thoughts … Have a wonderful weekend!
@copywrite Radio Indie FreeForm